Till now 2016 had been a year full of turmoils.
This is sort of an of ‘anti-establishment’ year. I have been hearing this term for very long and wanted to use it badly :) when I l looked back at this year, now that we are almost at mid of November, I felt that this is an apt term for 2016. This year had been giving shockers for the entire world, not only for us Indians.
1) For me personally also it was a very unkind year. This year started on a bad note when my dearest grandmother passed away in the second week of January , the sorrow deepened even more as this day happened to be my daughter’s birthday as well.
2) Then came another shocker when the organization that I work in suffered a major setback towards the end of January and it almost pushed us back a couple of years from where we had reached. It was a bolt out of the blue and we are still reeling under its effect, but trying bravely to overcome the problems.
3) Towards April or so I started having health problems, I am still on medication and hope to recover soon, completely…
4) Mid-year, my husband had to undergo a surgery, it was painful to see him suffering and both of us dealt with it as strongly as possible.
5) Apart from the personal shockers above we saw the very recent shocker to India in the form of removal of Rs.500 and Rs.1000 notes, these became useless overnight and the whole of India is still under a big turmoil and is struggling hard to come to terms with this big change.
6) America and the entire world being jolted with the win of 'Donald Trump' as the next President of United States, the polls specialists, media, no one saw this coming, everyone was confident of him losing the elections, but the reality is in front of all of us to see.
7) There is still a month and half to go before the year concludes, I just hope it brings in some good news and cheer to all of those who have had a harrowing time till now.