A refreshing read - Post no. 6 - blog marathon



I recently read ' The light between oceans' by M L Stedman. 

I totally loved this book and would recommend this to every one. It is hard to believe that this  is Stedman's first book, she has written with the expertise of a seasoned writer, the specialty of the book according to me is that it is set up in the 1920's, an era untouched by the confusion and overdose of communication like now.

picture courtesy : Internet
This novel exquisitely explores the life and conflicts of a light house keeper and does it with much conviction.  This book moved me to tears, so you can judge the impact it has on it's readers.  It is a refreshing read though it has its streak of sadness but it takes you away to a time when communication was slow but life was much better.

Do read this book if you get a chance.. i understand that it has been made into a movie too. Usually the movie disappoints when you are watching it after having read the book but you never know with this one.

What are you reading now ?? Do let me know.

Comments

  1. so nice to read this review. Reading is one habit that has come to a screeching halt in my life. Wish i read more.

    You are going to be my inspiration to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had also stopped reading for sometime as I could not concentrate much but this book was suggested to me by my daughter so I gave it a go.. imagine this was lying with me for so long and I just ignored it..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In search of the prefect 'Yeast'..... post no. 2

Love for lanterns...post no. 16