In the end...

Sitting on a rocking chair,
staring away on to the faraway horizon,
wilting away from this life...
Every day, buckling a very thin belt of patience over and over my self,
still failing, fumbling and losing it eventually.

Trying out the outfit of a perfect mother,
every day, each day and by the time night falls
stumbling on it's tattered seams,
a dozen times,
falling miserably
bruising and hurting
standing up again and again..
 till the end...

Sitting on a rocking chair
looking at the empty nest
I might cry my heart out
counting each of the missed opportunity
each hug, each kiss
each word that went unnoticed, unheard

Having all the time in the world
But no children to hold
I might then melt away from this life
just like that
carrying the burden of guilt on my soul
the burden unfazed, unmoved
stubbornly smothering me
till my last breath
till the end....













Comments

  1. I can't claim that I understand every poem, nevertheless the emotions contained in them touched my heart. hats off to an ordinary woman with extraordinary poems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks lan , your comments are always valuable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So relate to this poem that it actually hurts me intensely when i read it. I must have read this many times now and have avoided commenting on this.

    but yeah, these words are mine too.. especially this stanza...
    Trying out the outfit of a perfect mother,
    every day, each day and by the time night falls
    stumbling on it's tattered seams,
    a dozen times,
    falling miserably
    bruising and hurting
    standing up again and again..
    till the end...

    Feelings of the guilty working mothers soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huggssss Vincy..yes you put it absolutely right " feelings of the guilty working mothers soul".
    I can always count on you to understand the deepest feeling ! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In search of the prefect 'Yeast'..... post no. 2

Love for lanterns...post no. 16