Finally...

Finally I lay down my arms, my hopes on you
Succumbing to you, you and you
To your incessant , consistent lethargy
To your incessant, persistent poisonous political strategy
To your incessant, continuous feigning ignorance

I am tired of fighting every day
Feeding positivity to my brain
Pulling and pushing myself in every which way
With hope, with tears and with disdain

Let me shiver in chilling silences
See nothing in midst of dramas, concealed
Not read anything between the sly glances
with hatred and numbness concreted

Pledging a long weary walk
Trudging along till the end of the page
Mumbling dreary self-talk
Looking at disheveled image, inside a cage

Finally I lay down my arms, my hopes on you

Comments

  1. Very endearing poem Rekha. Coming here after a really long time.

    The poem is full of pathos - I would not lay down my hopes of a better tomorrow. not yet.

    We must accept finite disappointments, but not infinite hope. I didnt say this. Martin Luther King said and thats a fine delicate string that I base my life on. Never lose hope on anyone. :-) :-)

    Love you Rekha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vincy, these words coming from you are priceless.. hugs and love for being there.. do not go away ever..
    hugs and hugs and HUGSSSS....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are for keeps Rekha. The connect i feel with you is cannot be expressed in words. and that poem as always like others tugs at my heart strings and does something to me. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In search of the prefect 'Yeast'..... post no. 2

Love for lanterns...post no. 16