Penance

I treaded on clouds
with long flowing locks
happy feet among the crowds
eyes dreamy
 heart aching
on it blue and crimson welts rising

I saw a smile
it crushed my soul
to die in love languidly
I pined all the while
followed the soul
tied it to me with all my might

I carried it around
thinking its mine
It belonged to me,
no more than the moon to the tide
Though it danced with the moon
 the tide forever remained loyal to the Sea

Smothering it with all my selfish love
I made it just like me,
no more silent, no more subtle
soon enough..
it lashed upon me like the crashing , massive tide
crushing me and my imposing soul


it snatched off my imaginary peace
unshackling the tendrils , the flowing locks,
crushing the happy feet
took away the embalming on the welts
making it rise once again
crimson and blue and soaring and burning


not having the courage or the strength,
ridden by guilt of ruining a smile
I will lie down, tongue tied
as a penance to a soul
who was once subtle and kind,
soft and soothing as a breeze..

 I will brace this storm
for all the fault that is mine...
In memory of a dreamy smile
that crushed my soul....
of golden silences that
touched my core.....

forever in penance I shall perish....




Comments

  1. Awwwww... Rekha, so well written and somewhere i see myself here. Why is that?

    I love the way you have written this poem - full of poignant eloquence

    Love to you. Penance can change everything and I hope you will get back that dreamy smile and the golden silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vincy...your words made me tear up... thanks a lot.. it means the world to me..
    hugs (())

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came back to read this poem again. It stayed on with me the whole time though.

    just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you liked it so much, you literally pulled me back form the verge of feeling worthless... just saying.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In search of the prefect 'Yeast'..... post no. 2

Nature - My childhood friend