just like that you flew my nest!

just like that  you flew my nest

your little nick knacks sit heavy on my chest

 your side of the book shelf 

looks all tidy and empty

tugging hard at  my heart strings 

all those outfits you left behind

sits pretty like a set of  colourful feathers

bringing tears to my dry eyes

the almirah is all in order !

but i miss all the chaos

the peals of laughter and chit chat

the noise that came from your room

all is silent now

only your sister sits there

missing you every minute 

once in a while she glances at me

with eyes full of sorrow

her heart brimming  with stories

and talks to share with you

missing you every nook and every corner

you took a part of us and our hearts with  you

we wait excitedly for your calls

I long to touch you through the thin phone wall

I long to feed you with my hands

to your hearts content

to your souls solace

to hold you close and sleep with you

feeling your head on my shoulder

once again cradling you like the baby you were

daughter , I miss your smiles

your arguments, your chats

even your indifferent moods

the wait is longer now

its my turn to wait now

for you to turn into the soaring sun 

and be the calming moon

be everything you ever wanted in life

my eyes shining with pride like  twinkling stars

reveling forever in your blooming success

yet the empty nest 

and your little nick knacks sits heavy on my chest!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In search of the prefect 'Yeast'..... post no. 2

Nature - My childhood friend