Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Reverie (blogmarathon post no. 24)

Reverie

I kneeled and prayed
My fingers intertwined just like my thought process
And head bowed in reverie
I prayed to the lady in white

The carpeted floor hurt my knee
The candle that I lit on the altar
Stood melting in its own heat
I looked deep into the serene eyes

I walked on my knee from the door
Till the altar, forgetting my pain
And oblivious to the loud prayers around
I was engrossed in the kindness of those eyes

Whether a miracle happened or not
I saw the halo or not
My heart got engrossed
And I reveled in the glory

Of the lord  almighty

7 comments:

  1. This poem is so poignant. written well Rekha style. May your prayers be answered by the white lady and may miracles happen in your life. Love and smiles to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, this is about Koratty muthi.at Koratty in Kerala.. have you been there ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey i guessed as much with your Koratty connection. OMG I am so well able to predict it.. Patting myself on my back.

      Delete
    2. and yes i have been there many times. lot of our cousins' weddings, holy communions have happened there.

      Delete
  3. Never been to visit Koratty Muthi. But Mother Mary is who I turn to always and forever for solace and courage.
    Beautiful poem. It reflects your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really I love going to this place for its calm and peace...

    ReplyDelete