Empty nest

The scorching, tearing pain 
that I went through was not in vain
The moment I saw your curly eyelashes and soft face
That  was the beginning of my life's new phase

Your first steps and babbles
I still remember our little squabbles
you were a quiet but happy child
happy with a sweet, happy on a slide

falling from the cycle and running in the parks
waiting for mamma to hug you for those superb marks
when did it all disappear and you grew up to be a beauty
Suddenly i was reminded of all my mom duty

Look how the days just passed by
you out grew my lap and the lullaby
you are all ready to fly away soon
may you achieve the sun and the moon

The sound  of your peals of laughter
our long nights and your incessant chatter
I will miss you each time I pass by your room
you are so precious you are no less than an heirloom

Go touch the horizon and conquer the sky 
In case you ever want rest and to come by
You will find me right here baby , waiting by the door
your mamma with heart full of happiness and talks galore

It  feels as if my heart will explode into shards
but the thought of you winning all those  stars
makes me stop my tears and just smile warmly
daughter, you make us all so  proud, the entire family

This empty nest will always wait for you
This house and my heart will always miss you
Fly away my daughter,  to fame, to success and glory
your mother will forever be here, waiting for you with a song and a soiree

I will forever love you to the moon and back....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In search of the prefect 'Yeast'..... post no. 2

Nature - My childhood friend